Apple released a fully stable iOS 16.1 for all public users in the world and now time to release iOS 16.2 Beta 1. In this post, we cover how to iOS 16.2 beta 1 download and all its features.
iOS 16.2 the latest build number is 20C5032e and the new modem firmware is 1.21.01. And the size of this iOS 16.2 beta 1 is 5.32GB. Typically the developer beta rolls out first and is soon followed by the same build as a public beta.
Along with this Apple also released iPadOS 16.2 Beta 1, macOS 13.1 Beta 1, tvOS 16.2 Beta 1, and HomePod OS 16.2 Beta 1. This time they said WatchOS 9.2 Beta 1 is released soon.
How to Download iOS 16.2 developer Beta 1 on iPhone
Before follow all the below steps, make sure you have original Apple Developer account.
- Open the Safari browser on your iPhone and visit developer.apple.com.
- Click on the Menu and go to the Discover tab
- Tap on iOS from the top bar
- Click the Download button
- Now, log in with your developer account username
- Go to the iOS 16.2 beta section and tap on Install Profile. (A pop-up appears on the screen to show the configuration profile)
- Click Allow and Close (iOS 16.2 beta 1 developer profile will start downloading to your device)
- Now go to Settings > General > VPN and Device Management. Click on iOS 16.2 Developer Software Profile.
- Tap the install button in the upper right corner and enter your passcode to install iOS 16.2 developer beta 1 on your iPhone.
- Click Restart, and check for software updates after successful startup. (New developer beta is ready for download)
iOS 16.2 Beta 1 Features
- New: Freeform App
- New: External Display Support for Stage Manager
- New: 120Hz ProMotion Support for SwiftUI
- New: Home App upgrades
- New: Sleep Widget on the Lock Screen
- New: Live Activities on Apple TV
- New: Software update font will be bold and the size will be increased
- More add show on App Store
Check full Released not on Apple Site
Finally, Apple launched Freeform App in iOS 16.2. This app helps with collaboration, notes, sketching, drawing, saving links, and more. At one-time multiple people can work together and sketch projects, design mood boards, and brainstorm ideas.
Stage Manager now supports external displays and you can connect your M1 or M2 iPad to an external display on iPadOS 16.2. Now eight apps can be used for multitasking instead of four.
This time some new widgets are added to the lock screen. You can set Sleep widgets on iOS 16.2 beta lock screen.
Bugs in iOS 16.2 Beta 1
- Unintentional Emergency SOS Activations
- Lag while pulldown control center
- No 5G in India region
iOS 16.2 beta 1 Geekbench score
The Geekbench score for single-core is 1729 and the score for Multi-core is 4546. It has decreased slightly compared to the previous version.
Should I Download iOS 16.2 beta 1?
Definitely Not. This update is not for all public users, so wait for Public beta or stable updates. Taking to performance, it’s slightly improved but the user notices some heating issues in the latest build.