Following the release of MIUI 11, the Xiaomi Theme store no longer supports additional MTZ themes on their platform. However, you can utilize a method, which is 100% secure and works on any Xiaomi, Redmi, or POCO Phone running on MIUI 13 or MIUI 14 updates, to install permanent MTZ themes. Today, I will share with you the necessary tricks to achieve this.
How to Install MTZ Themes on MIUI
Before beginning the steps, you will need to download and install three essential files on your Xiaomi device: 1) Solid Explorer File Manager, 2) App Cloner, and 3) the latest version of the Mi Theme Store.
- Open the App Cloner application and grant all necessary permissions.
- Click on APK Files and tap the (+) Plus icon.
- Select “From a File” and choose the Mi Theme apk v220.127.116.11.
- Wait for all processes to finish, then tap “Cloning Options.”
- Enable the first “Cloning Mode” and select “Manifest,” then tap “ok.”
- After that, enable “Ignore crashes” and click “ok.”
- Swipe down and enable “No Kill” before going back.
- Click the “Clone” icon.
- Wait a few moments, then click “INSTALL APP.”
- Find the original Mi Theme Store app on your home screen (the clone will have a different icon), force-stop it, and clear all data.
- Open the “Clone Mi Theme Store” on your Xiaomi phone.
- Ignore the “Reboot device” warning and click “Got It.”
- Go to “My Account > Themes > Import.” In the latest version, you can import third-party MTZ themes on Xiaomi phones.
- After clicking “Import,” choose the MTZ files from your device storage. You can download more interesting MTZ themes here.
- The next step is to tweak some hidden settings using Solid File Explorer. Open the app and navigate to Android > Data and search for Theme Manager.
- Long press on “com.android.thememanager” and delete the folder.
- After that, rename the other theme folder from “com.android.thememanages” to “com.android.thememanager.”
- The final step is to open the original Mi Theme Store and go to Profile > Themes > MIUI Theme.
- Click “Apply” to set Permanent MTZ MIUI Themes on your Xiaomi phone.
Although this is a complicated trick, it works on all Xiaomi, Redmi, and POCO Phones running on MIUI 12, 13, and 14. Check out the video tutorial guide below for more information on Permanent MTZ themes.