iOS 17’s new Contact poster is an excellent way to introduce yourself to others using just your iPhone. Now, you can create a personalized, Memoji, or even Monogram contact poster of your choice. In this guide, we’ll show you how to create and modify your Monogram contact poster.
Of all the available styles, the Monogram is the simplest. With it, you can display the first two characters of your contact name, and customize the background color and font style. So, let’s dive into this article and craft your simple poster.
Quick overview: Creating a Monogram Contact Poster in iOS 17 is straightforward. To do this: Open the Phone app > tap on My card > tap on Contact Photo and Poster > Tap on Edit > select the Monogram option > tap on “+” > tap Done to save.
What is a Monogram Contact Poster and what are its benefits?
The Monogram Contact Poster, introduced in iOS 17, lets users personalize their contact cards with a monogram or another unique design. These posters enhance the visual appeal of incoming calls and messages and can assist users in quickly identifying their contacts.
Here are some advantages of Monogram Contact Posters:
- They infuse your phone with a touch of personality, making contacts recognizable at a glance.
- They enable more straightforward identification of contacts.
- They’re customizable, allowing for a design that mirrors your style perfectly.
Create and Customize a Monogram Contact Poster in iOS 17
- First, open the Contacts app on your iPhone, and then tap on your “My card” at the top of the contact list.
- Now, tap on “Contact Photo & Poster” below your name.
- Next, tap on the “Edit” button at the bottom of your current contact poster.
- In the new contact poster menu, select “Monogram“.
- Now’s the time to design an attention-grabbing monogram. Tap on the background color icon at the bottom left corner. Choose a background color, and use the slider to fine-tune its shade.
- Tap on the “Font” to access the Fonts & Colors menu. From here, select your preferred font and color, adjusting as needed with the slider.
- Once satisfied with your contact poster, tap “Done” in the top right corner.
- Finally, tap Continue and then Update to apply your new contact poster.
Note: Here you can not change your two character names from there. If you want to change then go to the contact page and then change this Monogram character.
How do I access the Monogram Contact Poster option?
Go to the Phone app, tap on “My card“, then “Contact Photo and Poster” and select the “Monogram” option.
Can I use more than two characters for the Monogram Poster?
No, the Monogram feature only allows the first two characters of your contact name.
Why would I use a Monogram poster over a photo or Memoji?
The Monogram poster offers a simple, clean design that can help in quick identification and provides a unique charm different from photos or Memojis.
Create a Simple Poster for Your Contact…
Creating a simple poster for your contact has never been easier. Some people particularly enjoy this style, especially when sharing contact cards through NameDrop. While the Monogram contact poster might be subtler than its photo and Memoji counterparts, it boasts a unique charm.
If you have any questions about this feature or other iOS 17 features, please don’t hesitate to comment below!