MacOS 14 Sonoma: A game-changer for Mac users with enhanced gaming, web apps, and video calls.
Apple’s newest operating system, macOS 14 Sonoma, is here, and it’s amazing! With cool new features, it’s like giving your Mac a big upgrade. Whether you’re a tech lover or just use your computer sometimes, you’ll want to check out macOS 14 Sonoma.
In this post, I’ll help you with:
- How to download and set it up.
- Compatible Macs with this update.
- Some of the best new things (features) it offers.
Want to try the future of Apple’s system? Download the macOS 14 Sonoma now and see the magic yourself!
What is MacOS Sonoma?
macOS Sonoma is Apple’s new computer system for Macs. Apple told us about it on June 5th, 2023, at a big event called WWDC23. Right now, they’re testing it to make sure it’s perfect. We think it will be ready for everyone in September 2023.
macOS Sonoma 14.1 beta Update
MacOS Sonoma 14.1 Beta, carrying the build number 23B5046f, made its public debut on September 27th, 2023, and comes with a hefty size of 12.83 GB.
- Add a Favorite feature (star icon) in Apple Music.
- Change “Reading Now” to “Read Now” in the Books App.
- Add support for the Nintendo Switch N64 controller to play games in retro style.
|Build Name||MacOS Sonoma 14.1 Beta|
|Release Date||27th September 2023|
MacOS 14 Sonoma Update
MacOS 14 Sonoma, with the build number 23A344, was released on 26th September 2023. The size of this update is 4.51 GB.
Here’s what’s new with macOS 14 Sonoma:
- Cool widgets and eye-catching screen savers.
- Better tools to help you with video calls.
- Safari is now even better for surfing the web.
- Have lots of fun with an improved gaming experience.
|Build Name||MacOS 14 Sonoma|
|Release Date||26th September 2023|
MacOS 14 Sonoma Beta 3 Update
MacOS 14 Sonoma Beta 3, labeled with the build number 23A5286g, was launched on 5th July 2023. This update comes in at a size of 5.92 GB.
In this update, Apple fixed a couple of issues. Firstly, if you moved to a new volume set, some files in iCloud Drive wouldn’t download or open. Now, you can fix this by syncing the original files to iCloud Drive. Secondly, they fixed the zoom slider problem in the control center video preview.
|Build Name||MacOS 14 Sonoma Beta 3|
|Release Date||5th July 2023|
MacOS 14 Sonoma Beta 2 Update
The MacOS 14 Sonoma Beta 2, with the build number 23A5276g, was rolled out on 21st June 2023. This version is 2.2 GB in size.
- Interactive widgets & Apple TV-style desktop screensavers.
- Widgets: more functions, fades during app use, iPhone-to-Mac continuity.
- Better video chats with Presenter Overlay.
- Safari: web apps in Dock, personal/work browsing profiles.
- Faster search.
- Password sharing feature.
- The new sticker looks in Messages.
- Direct PDF add to notes.
|Build Name||MacOS 14 Sonoma Beta 2|
|Release Date||21st June 2023|
MacOS 14 Sonoma Beta 1 Update
The MacOS 14 Sonoma Beta 1 was introduced with the build number 23A5257q. Released on 5th June 2023, this version is sized at 5.82 GB.
- New Screen savers
- Profiles in Safari
- Apple GameMode Feature
- Widgets Coming To Mac Desktop
- Overlay & Reactions For Video Calls
- Document AutoFill
- Screen Sharing Picker
- Web Apps in Dock
- Predictive Text
- Presenter Overlay
- Improved search
- Password and passkey sharing
|Build Name||MacOS 14 Sonoma Beta 1|
|Release Date||5th June 2023|
How to download and install MacOS 14 Sonoma
Follow the step-by-step guide below to download and install MacOS Sonoma on your Mac:
Note: Check macOS 14 Compatibility. Then before updating, take a full backup of your data to protect your files during the update process.
- On your Mac, click the Apple menu in the upper-left corner of your screen and choose “System Preferences”.
- Navigate to “Software Update” and check the availability of MacOS Sonoma 14.
- Once the update appears, click on “Download and Install” to start the update download process.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the installation. (Your Mac may restart several times during the update.)
- After the installation is complete, configure your preferences and sign in with your Apple ID.
That’s it! You have successfully updated your Mac to this latest version. Now enjoy the new features and enhancements offered by this update.
MacOS Sonoma Supported Devices
MacOS 14 (Sonoma) supports the following Apple devices:
- MacBook Air – 2018 and later
- MacBook Pro – 2018 and later
- Mac Mini – 2018 and later
- iMac – 2019 and later
- iMac Pro – 2017
- Mac Pro – 2019 and later
- Mac Studio – 2022 and later
Download macOS Sonoma…
In short, MacOS 14 Sonoma is a big step up for Mac users. With better gaming, easy web app use, and enhanced video calls, it’s changing how we use our Macs. MacOS 14 is becoming a standout in desktop systems.