Apple’s iOS update brings with it many new features and iterations every time and iOS 17 live stickers is one of them. Notably, Apple has brought significant improvements to its Messages app, expanding on the enhancements seen in iOS 16. One such exciting feature in iOS 17 is Live Stickers in iOS 17.
If you’re wondering what live stickers are and how they differ from regular stickers, this comprehensive guide is for you. I will tell you how to create Live Stickers in iOS 17 on iPhone and how they can add a fun element to your photos. In addition, I will discuss how to make your interactions on social media platforms like Instagram and Snapchat more enjoyable.
What are Live Stickers in iOS 17?
Live Sticker is a new feature introduced by Apple in iOS 17, it allows you to convert a live photo into a vibrant sticker by lifting the subject from your background. Which can make your subject into custom stickers with different effects like shiny, comic, puffy, and outline. Which provides a tool to make your stickers unique and personalized.
Moreover, iOS 17 gives you a huge set of amazing effects to make your stickers stand out. So let’s take a look at the effects!
- Original: Your sticker without any effect.
- Outline: It adds an attractive outline to your sticker to make it stand out.
- Comic: This effect turns your live sticker into a comic avatar.
- Puffy: It adds some puff to your live sticker.
- Shiny: As the name suggests, this effect adds some sparkle to your live sticker to make it look attractive.
Live Stickers can radically change the look and feel of your photos. You can completely change the color of your stickers or make them appear as pictures or illustrations. With this feature, you are not only picking up parts of the picture to make a sticker but also adding a touch of creativity to it.
Availability of Live Stickers on iPhone
Live Sticker is an upcoming feature that is expected to be fully available when iOS 17 is released publicly. Currently, the iOS 17 developer beta allows you to try out this Live Sticker in the messaging app on the iPhone. But rest assured, Apple plans to expand this feature for use with third-party iPhone apps in the near future.
Uses of Live Stickers
Live Stickers can be used in numerous apps on your iPhone, including:
Therefore, you can embellish your photos, screenshots, documents, and even messages with Live Stickers. The versatility of these stickers gives you the freedom to add a dash of fun anywhere you like.
How to Create Live Stickers in iOS 17
Creating live stickers can be done through the Messages or Photos app. Here are the methods for both:
Method 1: Via Photos App
- Open the Photos app and select the photo you want to turn into a live sticker.
- Tap and hold the subject in the picture until a small pop-up menu appears. Then select the “Add Sticker” option from the menu. So the selected sticker will be added to the stickers tab.
- To add effects, long-press the newly created sticker and select the “Add Effect” option. Then select the effect you want and tap “Done” to save it.
Methos 2: Via Messages App
- Open a conversation in the Messages app on your iPhone. Tap the plus (+) button to the left of the text box.
- Here select “Stickers” from the popup menu.
- Tap the Plus (+) option under the Stickers tab.
- Select the photo you want to convert as a live sticker and tap on “Add Sticker”.
- If you don’t want the animated version of the sticker, select the Live option at the top left corner.
- Now this sticker will be available under the Stickers menu to send to your contacts.
- To add effects, long-press the newly created sticker and select the Add Effect option from the pop-up. Choose the effect you want and tap Done to save it.
How to Delete custom Live Stickers in iOS 17
There may also be times when you want to delete the live stickers you have created. Here’s how you can do it on your iPhone.
- Start by launching the “Messages” application on your iOS device. Open any existing conversation in the app. You’re only doing this to access the sticker feature, so it doesn’t matter which conversation you choose.
- Look for the plus (+) icon located in the bottom-left corner of the screen and tap on it.
- A menu will appear. From this menu, select the “Stickers” option.
- From your stickers collection, locate the Live Sticker that you wish to remove. Once you’ve found it, tap and hold the sticker for a moment.
- Then A pop-up menu should appear, containing the “Delete” option. Tap on “Delete”.
The selected Live Sticker will be removed from your collection.
How to Enable Live Stickers in Keyboard on iPhone
If you’re unable to locate the stickers in your keyboard, it’s possible that the stickers feature is turned off. The following instructions will guide you on how to enable stickers on your iPhone’s keyboard:
- Open the “Settings” application on your iPhone. In the Settings menu, locate and tap on the “General” option.
- In the General menu, find and select the “Keyboard” setting.
- Once you’re in the Keyboard settings, scroll down until you reach the “EMOJI” section. In the EMOJI section, you’ll find a toggle switch for “Stickers”. Tap on this switch to turn on the Stickers feature.
After following these steps, the stickers should now be enabled and visible on your emoji keyboard.
Where Can You Use Live Stickers on iPhone?
Live Stickers can primarily be used within the Messages app, but its functionality extends to third-party apps like Snapchat, as well as photos, screenshots, PDFs, emails, and more. Since this sticker are integrated system-wide, their use is far-reaching, although developers of third-party applications will also support this feature in a short time.
Moreover, if you use multiple Apple devices, Live Stickers sync across all of them. That means any Live Stickers you create on your iPhone will be accessible on your Mac running macOS Sonoma or later and iPad running iPadOS 17 or newer.
Live Stickers in iOS 17 are an innovative way to add more fun to your photos and conversations. Whether you’re crafting a photo or adding a character to a chat, these stickers provide a great way to personalize and liven up your digital communications. So why are you waiting? Try your hand at creating live stickers and tell us how you like this new feature.