Apple has introduced a new messaging app, depth effect wallpaper, new lock screen customization options, lock screen widgets and many other features in iOS 16. The feature was introduced at the WWDC22 event which was held on June 6, 2022. In which iOS 16 beta profile was talked about. You can install it on your iPhone by following the steps below.
Here’s how to download and install iOS 16 beta profile and OTA update on your phone without a registered UDID or developer account.
What’s a beta profile?
A beta is a pre-release testing version. Before every stable iOS update, it is officially launched for developers and some users. A beta is an incomplete version of a stable build, with bugs and issues fixed, and then launched as a stable version.
There are two categories of betas in iOS: developer betas (for registered software developers only), and public betas (for anyone curious about new features).
iOS 16 Features
Apple offers many new features on iOS 16. But some of the important features are listed here below.
- Lock Screen Gallery, switching and Editing
- Stylized date and time
- Multilayered or Depth photo effect
- Widgets on the Lock Screen
- WidgetKit API
- Live Activities
- New notification design and animations
- New Focus filters & schedules
- Share your photo library with family
- Message: Edit, Undo send, and Mark as unread
- Lockdown Mode
- Landscape Face ID
- Freeform and Game Center
Risks of iOS 16 beta profile
Before downloading any beta profile to your iPhone, please be aware of its risks. The beta profile is not stable and may have high bugs and crash issues. So as a good user and tech expert take a full backup of your important files.
How to install the iOS 16 beta profile
Every time Apple releases Three different iOS profiles for their users. Similarly, this time for iOS 16 also it will release three ios 16 beta profiles.
- iOS 16 Developer beta profile
- iOS 16 Public beta profile
- Stable iOS 16 profile
Install Developer beta profile
If you have already registered as an iOS developer, here is a guide for that:
- Navigate to developer.apple.com on your iPhone
- Go to the Downloads section and tap on the Install iOS 16 Beta Profile button
- A pop-up appears asking you to download the profile to your iPhone. Click the Allow button to continue
- Now, you go to Settings > Profile Downloaded and tap on iOS 16 Beta Software Profile
- Tap Install at the top-right to install the iOS 16 beta profile
- Agree to the Developer Consent Form
- Tap on the Install button two times for conformation
- Restart your iPhone after the installation is done
- After bootup, go back to the Settings app and click on General > Software Update
- Here your iOS 16 beta version will appear, click on the download and install button and get it on your phone
- Once the download is finished, you will see a pop-up asking you to install the update. Tap Install to install the iOS 16 beta update
Install Public beta profile
- Navigate to beta.apple.com on your iPhone and Download iOS 16 Public beta profile
- Now, Follow the Install Developer beta profile steps
- Once download and install this profile then Go to Settings > General > Software Update > Download and Install
Install Stable profile
- Go to Settings
- Click on Software Update
- Tap on Download and Install
iOS 16 Supported devices
The good news is that if you have an iPhone 8 or a later model, you will be able to download the latest iOS 16 updates. For your confirmation, the following devices are eligible to receive the iOS 16 beta update.
- iPhone 14 Series
- iPhone 13 Series
- iPhone 12 Series
- iPhone 11 Series
- iPhone X, XS, XR, and XS Max
- iPhone 8 and 8 Plus
- iPhone SE (second-gen)
iOS 16 Frequently Asked Questions:
Can you install iOS 16 on your device?
If your device is an iPhone 8 or higher and running on iOS 14, then you can install iOS 16 on your device.
Should I download iOS 16 beta?
Yes, if you have tested the latest build with new features, then definitely try out new iOS 16 beta profiles.