Xiaomi has introduced a new feature called Secure Mode in the latest MIUI update. These new features were tested over the past few years and are now going to be released on most of their phones. This feature is a must-have in Android phones, as it helps to increase one layer of security, check this post completely and know all about Secure Mode.
What is Xiaomi Secure Mode
Xiaomi Secure Mode is a feature available in the latest MIUI software update. It is designed to provide enhanced user data privacy and security and protects your phones from unwanted files and malware from unknown sources.
How Secure Mode Works
Secure Mode will scan all folders, files, APKs, and installed apps on your devices and show an alert if any type of malicious file or malware is detected. It is a type of anti-virus software that helps protect against cyber attacks.
Benefits of Using Xiaomi Secure Mode
The system will alert you if any unauthorized activity is detected. It will then present you with two options: either continue with the suspect app or ignore it. The “Secure Mode” is divided into three levels of security checks, as illustrated below.
- Privacy Detection: Detects a privacy vulnerability
- Compatibility Detection: Checks if the application is compatible or not
- Virus Detection: Detects viruses and remove it
How to Enable Xiaomi Secure Mode
Follow these steps to enable Secure (Pure) Mode on your phone, but keep one thing in mind, your phone must be upgraded to MIUI 13 or higher.
- Navigate to the app section in your File Manager and tap on an app.
- Then, tap on the Settings Gear icon in the top right corner.
- Finally, tap on Secure Mode and turn it on to activate this feature.
Deactivating Secure Mode
- Go to the app section in your File Manager and select an app.
- Next, click on the Settings Gear icon located in the top right corner.
- Tap on Secure Mode and hit the Turn Off button twice.
- Lastly, confirm your identity using your lock screen password to deactivate Secure Mode.
Get a step-by-step tutorial on how to use Xiaomi Secure Mode by watching this informative video guide.