If you are using iPhone and don’t know how to find and merge duplicate contacts on iPhone, read this article and follow these steps. If you have more numbers in your contact list, it is very difficult to find any contacts quickly, that’s why it is the best way to make your contact list smaller if you find duplicate contacts and merge them.
Ensure that a single contact card appears only once in all contacts lists for people with multiple accounts. When you have contacts coming from various sources, the same person can appear in contacts at different times. To prevent unnecessary contacts from appearing in your All Contacts list, contacts from different sources with the same name are linked and displayed as one unified contact.
How to merge Duplicate contacts on iPhone
Once you find the duplicate contacts then merging the duplicate contacts becomes very easy. Follow these steps to find and merge duplicate contacts on your Apple iPhone, You can also find and merge Duplicate Photos on your iPhone.
How to Find Duplicate contacts on iPhone
You can now see the duplicate contacts in the main contact list in the Contacts or Phone apps. You may see a message alerting you that duplicate contacts have been found when you go to your contacts list. Follow these steps to find duplicate contacts,
- Go to Contacts.
- Below My Card option.
- Tap on Duplicate found.
How to Merge Duplicate contacts on iPhone
Once you find the duplicate contacts then it is very easy to merge these contacts. You can follow these 2-ways to manage your duplicate contacts.
- Using Merge option
- Using link Contacts
1. Using the Merge option
- In your iPhone, open the Contacts app.
- Click on View Duplicates.
- Tap on the Merge All option.
- Then check both merge contact names and numbers and click on Merge.
- Now you can see the Duplicates Resolved dialog box.
- In your iPhone, Go to Contacts App.
- Click on the View Duplicates option.
- Tap on the Edit button which is placed on the Top- Right side of the Screen.
- Scroll Up and Tap on link contacts.
- Now you can link another same-name contact with this contact.
- Click on the link button which is placed on the Top- Right side of the Screen.
- Now Check the Both numbers are shown in this contact or not and Tap on the Done button.
Read More: How to Send Voice Message on iOS 16
How to Change the Sort Order of Contacts on iPhone
If you have an iPhone, you may have noticed that contacts are displayed alphabetically. Sorted alphabetically based on how your contacts are sorted.
Accordingly, all contacts starting with a first name with the letter A will be grouped under “A”, contacts starting with a first name with the letter “B” will be grouped under “B”, and so on. The first letter of the person will be considered.
However, you can quickly change it from the Settings app on your iPhone.
- On your iPhone, open the Settings app.
- Click on Contacts.
- Now, you can set sort order and display order by tapping on either of the two.
- In the sort order, you can choose any of its first, last, or last, first.
- In the display order, you can choose either of its first, last or last, first.
- Now you can select any one of the four short name options.
- Finally, you can see that all the contacts are sorted according to your choice.
We hope this post helps you find and merge duplicate contacts on your iPhone. You can follow these steps to make your contact list smaller and sort it according to your preference. If you want to read this kind of information on your phone then visit our website TechRushi.com.