In today’s digital age, WiFi has become an essential part of our lives, making it easy for you to work, communicate and stay connected to the world. However, forgetting the WiFi password leaves you disconnected from the world without internet access. In such cases, knowing how to find WiFi password on iPhone is a must, especially if you are using the latest iOS 16.
In this article, I will tell you how to find the WiFi password on your iPhone, how to share it with your family or friends using your iPhone, and how to save it to your iCloud. For this follow the below guidelines,
How to Find WiFi Password on iPhone
The best method to find WiFi Password on iPhone is to view the Password using settings. Here are the steps to follow:
Step 1. Open the Settings app on your iPhone and Click on “Wi-Fi”.
Step 2. Tap the “i” icon next to the name of the Wi-Fi network you want to see the password.
Step 3. Scroll down to the “Wi-Fi Password” section and tap on the saved password next to the name of the WiFi.
Step 4. If you’ve enabled a password on your phone, you’ll first need to authenticate using your device’s passcode, Touch ID, or Face ID.
Step 5. Once you authenticate your password the WiFi password automatically appears. now, you can also copy this password and share it with others.
How to Share WiFi Password from iPhone to iPhone
Sharing Wi-Fi password from one iPhone to another is very easy and fast, especially when you want to connect to a Wi-Fi network that you have not used before. For this, you can follow these steps,
- Make sure that both iPhones should be close to each other.
- Must be running on iOS 11 or later.
- Both iPhone’s WiFi and Bluetooth should be enabled.
- Apple IDs must be saved in each other’s contacts.
If you have met all the requirements, then follow the steps below:
- Connect the first iPhone to the Wi-Fi network you want to share.
- Attempt to connect the second iPhone to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Hold the first iPhone close to the second iPhone. then On the first iPhone, a “Share Password” pop-up will appear. where Tap on “Share Password”.
- The second iPhone will receive a notification with the Wi-Fi network name and password. Tap “Join” to connect the second iPhone to the Wi-Fi network.
- If the second iPhone is already connected to the same iCloud account as the first iPhone, the Wi-Fi network will automatically be added to the network list.
How to Save WiFi Password in the Apple keychain
Saving your Wi-Fi password to Apple Keychain is a convenient way to store and use it in the future without having to remember it. Here are the steps to enable Apple Keychain on your iPhone and save Wi-Fi passwords:
Step 1. Open the Settings app on your iPhone. and then click on the “Profile” tab at the top of the Settings page.
Step 2. Tap on “iCloud” to open the iCloud settings.
Step 3. Scroll down to the “Apps Using iCloud” section and click on the “Passwords and Keychain” option.
Step 4. Turn on the “Sync This iPhone” Toggle to save your all Password in your iCloud.
In conclusion, finding a saved WiFi password on iPhone is a must, especially when you want to connect to a new network or if you’ve forgotten the password. You can easily save and retrieve your Wi-Fi password by following the steps mentioned above.