Xiaomi Themes is a popular feature of MIUI, which allows you to customize the custom operating system used by Xiaomi smartphones according to your preferences. It allows users to change the look of their devices by applying different themes, wallpapers, icons, and lock screens. However, like any other software, In Xiaomi Themes have some Errors. In this post, I will explain how to fix Xiaomi themes not working errors.
Many users encounter new bugs in the Themes app on Xiaomi phones, which can be quite frustrating. Fortunately, there are steps you can take to fix these errors temporarily. Here are some common Error and their solutions:
What is Xiaomi Themes Error
Xiaomi Themes error refers to any problem or error that prevents the Xiaomi Themes app from working properly on a Xiaomi smartphone. These include issues like themes not downloading, apps crashing or freezing, Xiaomi themes not working properly or themes not being compatible with the device.
Common Errors for Xiaomi Themes
Here are some common Xiaomi Themes errors and also solutions for Xiaomi Themes not working properly,
- Unable to download or apply themes
- Not compatible with this device
- Xiaomi Themes Not Working
- Show Chinese page error
Error 1: Unable to download or apply themes [Error 4001]
“Unable to download or apply themes” is a common error for the Xiaomi Themes app. This error is also known as Xiaomi Themes Error 4001. This error can occur due to several reasons such as poor internet connection, server issues, compatibility issues, or bugs in the app. Users can try this method to resolve this issue,
- On your Xiaomi phone, tap and hold the Download app and click on the “App info” option
- In the App Info screen, click on “Restrict data usage”
- Choose the “Mobile data” option and click on the “OK” button
- Now, you can clear all data and clear the cache for the Download app
Restricting data usage for an app can help fix issues with a slow or weak network connection, which can cause download errors. After clearing the data and cache, try downloading the themes again to see if the issue is resolved.
Error 2: Not compatible with this device
This error message appears when a user tries to download or apply a theme on the Xiaomi Themes app, and the theme is not supported by this Xiaomi smartphone model. This Error is also known as “The theme is incompatible with your device” or “Compatibility issue”. This error can occur due to limitations of the device or outdated software versions.
For this users can download and install the latest version of the Xiaomi Themes app or update their devices to the latest software. If this still doesn’t resolve this error then follow these steps
- you need to first enable Developer options on your Xiaomi phone
- Open the Settings app on your phone
- Scroll down and click on “Additional Settings”
- Tap on “Developer options”
- Find and enable the “Allow screen overlays on Settings” option in the Developer options
Error 3: Xiaomi Themes Not Working
If you are still facing Xiaomi themes not working issues, you can try resetting the app preferences. This error also known as the Xiaomi Themes app is blocked by Google Play Protection. This method can help fix any underlying issues with the app settings. Here’s how you can do it:
- On your Xiaomi phone, Go to Settings > Apps > Manage apps
- Click on the three dots (More options) which are placed at the top right corner
- Choose “Reset app preferences” from the list
- Now tap on “Reset apps” for confirmation
Note: You will not lose any theme, wallpaper, or font data by using this method. This method will reset all preferences for disabled apps, app notifications, default apps, and background data restrictions.
Error 4: Show Chinese page error
The “Show Chinese page” error in the Xiaomi Themes app occurs when you click on a theme link, and instead of redirecting to the theme page, it shows a Chinese page or redirects you to a Chinese page.
- Click on the search bar on the Chinese page
- Click on the “Copy” button to copy the theme link
- Now, tap on the search bar and paste the copied link
- Click on the search button, and you should be redirected to the theme page in the Xiaomi Themes app
By copying and pasting the theme link into your browser, you can bypass the Chinese page and access the themes page in the app.
In conclusion, these are some common solutions to fix Xiaomi Themes not working error. Try them out one by one, and you should be able to enjoy your favorite themes on your Xiaomi device once again.
You solved my problem. I had disabled the themes but it is revived now by your method. Thanks a lot
Grate…. I hope you enjoy your Themes
Yeah. Thanks it worked for me
it’s my pleasure
Thanks , it worked for me
It’s still not working on my redmi 9c.
New update is released, download Now