- Go to the Apple Beta Software Program site > Sign Up > Get Started > Enroll Your iOS device.
- Then, Download profile > Allow.
- Go to Settings > Download Profile > Install > Restart.
- Go to Settings > General > Software update > Download and Install.
In this article, we explain to you how to register iOS 16 Public beta and Developer Beta program on your Apple devices. Once you download and install the beta program you will get updates 1 month earlier than stable users. The public beta program is completely free and open to every user. Recently Apple Relese iOS 16.1 Developer Beta 5, tvOS 16.1 Developer Beta 3, and other versions.
What is a Public Beta?
A beta version of an app or operating system is a pre-release version of the product. When software is in an advanced stage of development but not yet finished, it is considered beta. Although the software is ready for general use, bugs need to be fixed, speed needs to be improved, and polishing is still needed.
It is traditional for beta software to be distributed at the company that develops it or to a trusted group of testers. To help improve the product, beta testers work with the software, check for bugs and problems, and report the results to developers.
There are slight differences between a developer beta and a public beta. The software is available to the general public instead of being restricted to internal staff or small groups. Software becomes better as a result of this expansion in testing.
How to Register iOS 16 Public Beta program
Sign up for the Apple Beta Software Program if you want to get the latest iOS early. then follow these steps,
- Go to the Apple Beta Software Program website using Safari. Tap on Sign Up. Then you can log in with your Apple ID. Tap Enroll your iOS device under the Get Started section.
- The following instructions will guide you through the process of creating and archiving a backup of your iPhone.
- To download your profile, follow the instructions on Apple’s instructions page. To download a configuration profile, tap Allow in the pop-up window. Then Tap on the Close button in the download confirmation box.
- Once you complete the above steps then Go to Settings > Download Profile > Tap on Install. Here you click on the install button twice for confirmation. Then Restart your device.
- Please wait while the update is downloaded and installed on your device. Once the installation is complete, it will reboot again. After the final restart, the latest beta iOS version will be installed.
What are the Risks and Precautions of the Public Beta?
Even though it’s exciting to have access to upcoming software before it’s released, not everyone will enjoy public betas. Bugs are common in beta. Beta software is prone to frequent crashes, features not working properly, and data loss.
Additionally, it is difficult to roll back to a previous version after installing beta software. Uninstalling the beta requires you to restore your phone to factory settings, restore from backup, and perform other maintenance.
You may not get things working properly when installing beta software. If you find that too risky you may wish to wait until the official release – which it likely will be for many people, especially those who rely on their iPhones for work.
How to Register iOS 16 Developer Beta program
The beta testing phase of iOS 16 is first rolled out to developers, then to the general public. If you’re a developer, this is the version you should run if you want to test your apps against the most current OS.
Make sure your device is compatible first. Check out Which iPhones support iOS 16? (Basically, iPhones 8 and later.). To use this feature, you must be an Apple developer. There is a $99 annual fee for joining the Apple Developer Program.
- In Safari, Go to developer.apple.com and log in using your Apple ID.
Then follow the same process for your 16 public beta to register as an iOS 16 beta developer.