Do you want to send voice messages on your iPhone? Whether you want to share a quick update, express feelings that can’t be captured in text, or simply switch up your communication style, voice messages are a great way to stay connected.
Apple has made a welcome change to this in iOS 16, allowing hands-free recording without having to hold the screen while recording. The microphone button in iMessage now serves as a dictation feature for iOS 16, converting speech to text. However, it is still possible to send audio messages.
Also read – Lock Messages on iPhone
In this blog post, I will outline how to send voice messages on iPhone using iMessage and other popular messaging apps. Read on to learn how to add a personal touch to your conversation. Follow the steps below to send voice messages from your iPhone.
What is Voice Message?
A voice message is a short audio recording that can be sent to other people in a conversation. In which the sender, instead of typing text, records their voice and shares the message. This messages offer a more personal and expressive way of communicating compared to traditional text messages.
- Time-saving: Quicker than typing, especially for longer messages.
- Expressive: Conveys emotions and tone better than text.
- Hands-free: Allows multitasking or communicating while on the move.
- Clarity: Reduces misunderstandings caused by written language limitations.
- Personal touch: Makes conversations feel more intimate and engaging.
Sending a Voice Message using iMessage
iMessage is a built-in messaging service on iPhones that allows you to send voice messages to other iPhone users. Follow these simple steps to send voice messages on iPhone using iMessage:
- Open the Messages app.
- Select an existing conversation or create a new one by tapping the compose button.
- Press and hold the microphone icon located to the right of the text input field.
- Record your voice message by speaking into your iPhone’s microphone.
- Release the microphone icon when you’re done recording.
- Review your message by pressing the play button.
- If you’re satisfied with your message, tap the upward-pointing arrow to send it. Otherwise, swipe left to delete the recording and start over.
Sending a Voice Message using Voice Memos
Voice Memo is another app that supports voice memos. Follow these steps to send a voice memo from your iPhone:
- On your iPhone, open the Voice Memos app.
- Record your message on your iPhone, then hit the record button again.
- Tap the More button, then tap Share to share the voice memo.
- After selecting Messages, enter your recipient and send the message.
M4A files are created when you use Voice Memos to send a recording. The recipient can use whatever audio player they have to listen to it.
Sending a Voice Message using WhatsApp
WhatsApp is a popular messaging app that also allows you to send voice messages to your contacts. Here’s how:
- Open the WhatsApp app.
- Navigate to the chat of the contact you want to send a message to.
- Press the microphone icon located to the right of the text input field and swipe upwards.
- Record your message by holding the microphone icon.
- Release the microphone icon when you are done recording.
- This message will be automatically sent to you after you release the icon.
Sending voice messages on iPhone is a quick, easy, and convenient way to communicate with friends and family. With iMessage, Voice Memo, and WhatsApp, you can share these messages with just a few taps. Try using voice in your conversations in a more personal and expressive way to stay connected.
How do I enable voice-to-text on my iPhone?
To Enable Voice to Text Like Youtube Caption.
Go to Settings > General > Keyboard. Turn on Enable Dictation
Can I send a voice message to a non-iPhone user using iMessage?
Yes, but the voice message will be sent as an MMS, which may incur additional charges depending on your carrier’s messaging plan.