Struggling to stay ahead of your reminders? Apple’s iOS 17 has just the solution: Early Reminders. This new feature allows you to set advance alerts for your scheduled reminders on your iPhone or iPad, giving you that extra nudge to stay on top of things and early time.
In this blog post, we’re breaking down the how-to for setting Early Reminders on your iPhone and iPad. Whether you’re organizing a party or managing daily tasks, this guide will help you never miss a beat.
What are Early reminders on iOS 17?
It’s a new feature that helps you get ahead of your schedule by setting an alert for reminders you’ve created. Think of it as a reminder for your reminders. Whether it’s a friend’s birthday party or an important task, Early Reminders will notify you minutes, hours, or even days before the actual due date of the reminder.
You can choose from predefined options or set a custom alert time, ensuring that you’re fully prepared and never caught in a rush. It’s all about making your planning smooth, allowing you to approach your tasks with a better frame of mind.
- Get advance notifications for existing reminders.
- Set alerts from minutes to months before the original reminder’s due date.
- Choose anywhere between 1 minute and 200 months for early notifications.
- Early Reminder alerts appear on your lock screen or Notification Center with the reminder title and due date.
Set Early reminders on iPhone in iOS 17
With iOS 17 on your iPhone, you can easily set and get early reminders to give yourself extra notice. Follow the steps below to learn how!
- Open the Reminders app on your iPhone.
For Existing Reminder:
- Tap on the reminder for which you want to set an early notification.
- Tap on the “i” icon on the right-hand side to edit the selected reminder.
For New Reminder:
- Tap the “New Reminder” button at the bottom left of the screen.
- Add a Title and any other necessary details for your reminder.
- Tap the Calendar icon on the bottom left menu bar and then tap the Date & Time option (right side).
- You’ll see the “Early Reminder” option underneath the date and time section. Tap on this option.
- Choose a preferred timeframe from the list (from 1 day to 6 months before), or tap Custom to set your preferred early reminder timeframe.
- If you choose Custom, use the dials to select a number between 1 and 200 and choose the unit as described above.
- Once configured, tap “Done” at the top right corner to enable the early reminder.
Disable or Delete Early Reminders
If you ever need to get rid of this reminder on your iPhone, it’s no hassle at all. Follow the below steps to do this:
- Navigate to the Reminders app on your iPhone.
- Find and tap the specific reminder you want to change. Hit the “i” button (Info) next to the reminder.
- Then tap the drop-down menu next to the Early Reminder. and Select “None” from the menu to disable the early reminder.
- Now, Click “Done” in the top right corner to save your changes.
How does early reminder work?
An early reminder in iOS 17 lets you set a notification for a task or event ahead of its actual time (before the Due date). You can choose predefined options like an hour or a week before or customize it. It helps you will prepare for your upcoming event without rushing.
Where can you access your early reminders?
In iOS 17, your early reminders will show up on both the Lock Screen and the Notification Center, to tracking alerts and starting tasks simple.
Early Reminders in iOS 17 is a handy new feature for iPhone and iPad users. It lets you set reminders ahead of time, so you’re well-prepared for upcoming events. It is a simple but useful tool with customization options. It may not be the flashiest update, but it can make daily planning a whole lot easier. Try it out, and see how it fits into your routine!