Have you ever wished you could add a personal touch to your iPhone calls? Well, with iOS 17, Apple has made that possible with a brand new feature called “Contact Poster”. This unique feature allows you to customize the Caller Screen like the Depth Effect that pops up when you call someone.
Alright, let’s dive into the nitty-gritty of creating your Contact Poster in iOS 17. Ready to make your iPhone calls pop?
Quick Answer: To set up the Contact Poster on iOS 17, open the “Phone” app, follow the prompt to share your name and picture, and customize your Contact Poster under the “My Card” option. Make sure you’re updated to iOS 17 before starting.
What is a Contact Poster?
Contact Poster is iOS 17’s fresh way to display your contacts on your iPhone. Think of it as your personalized digital calling card, with plenty of style options. Pick from Photos, Memojis, or Monograms.
How to Create a Contact Poster on iPhone
Setting up your Contacts Poster is very similar to customizing your iPhone’s lock screen. Here’s a step-by-step guide:
- Fire up the “Phone” app on your iPhone.
- A prompt will pop up asking if you wanna share your name and pic with your buddies. Hit “Continue” to set this up.
- To set it up later, click on the “Contacts menu” button at the bottom-center of the screen in the Phone app.
- Go for the “My Card” option.
- Tap the “Contact Photo & Poster” option and Select “Edit.”
- Now you can personalize your Contact Poster. You can change your name display and choose a style: Photo, Memoji, or Monogram.
- Depending on your choice, you can add effects, change the background color, or turn on the “Depth Effect.” You can also customize the typography of your name by choosing your preferred font, color, and thickness. When you’re happy with your choices, click “Done” in the top-right corner to save them.
- You’ll see a preview of your poster. If you like it, click “Continue“. If you want to make more changes, click “Back”.
- If your new photo or Memoji is different from your current one, the app will ask if you want to update it. You can choose to do so or skip this step.
- You’ll see another preview with some extra options. Share your poster automatically or choose each time. Take your pick and seal the deal with “Done.”
- Lastly, if you want to use your photo for your Apple ID and My Card in contacts, click “Use“.
And just like that, you’re set! Now, every time you make a call or get one, your contact poster is gonna shine.
Pros & Cons of Contact Poster iOS 17
- Personal Touch: Make your caller ID your own with a pic, Memoji, or a slick Monogram.
- Special Caller ID: When you hit up your friends or fam, they’ll see your custom pic and name. It’s like handing out a VIP card with every call.
- Works with other apps: The Contact Poster isn’t just for the Phone app. Apps like WhatsApp and Skype dig it too.
- Requires iOS 17 or later: You gotta have iOS 17 or newer. If you or your buddy are on an older iOS, no Contact Poster for you.
- Can be privacy-invading: Some people may not be comfortable sharing their photo or Memoji with everyone they call. If you’re concerned about privacy, you can choose to use a monogram or a generic photo instead.
How to Delete Contact Photo or Poster in iOS 17
To delete a contact’s photo or poster in the Phone app on iOS 17, simply open the app, select the desired contact, tap the top-right ‘Edit’ button, choose ‘Photo & Poster’, swipe up on the image you wish to remove, and confirm the deletion by tapping ‘Delete’ twice.
Wrapping it Up
In a nutshell, iOS 17 is a major update that comes with exciting features to your iPhone, including the Contact Poster. It’s not just about making calls; It is about expressing your personality and style every time you reach out to someone.
If you are looking for a way to make your iPhone more personal and stylish, Contact Posters is definitely worth checking out. It’s a great way to express yourself and make your calls more fun.