When it comes to updating Apple operating systems, Apple makes very few changes but makes sure that the changes made are beneficial. With iOS 16, users can add medications to their Health app and set medication reminders in iOS 16.
Thousands of users around the world use the Apple Health app to track their health. You can use your iPhone to track your heart rate, blood oxygen levels, medications, steps taken, sleep, and headphone volume levels, among other things. Fitness enthusiasts use Apple Health.
Do you want to know how it works? You can set medication reminders in iOS 16 using this guide.
Medication use and tracking requirements
By using iPhone you can track the medication with minimal steps. The first thing you need to do is update your iPhone to iOS 16.
The following iPhone models are compatible with iOS 16:
- iPhone XS
- iPhone XS Max
- iPhone XR
- iPhone X
- iPhone 8
- iPhone 8 Plus
- iPhone SE (3rd generation)
- iPhone SE (2nd generation)
- iPhone 11, 11 Pro, 11 Pro Max
- iPhone 12, 12 mini, 12 Pro, 12 Pro Max
- iPhone 13, 1 mini, 13 Pro, 13 Pro Max
- iPhone 14, 14 Plus, 14 Pro, 14 Pro Max
How to set medication reminders in iOS 16
- On your iPhone, open the Health app.
- If you open the Health app first time then Click on Continue to Set up the Health App.
- Tap Browse and select the Medications option.
- Click on Add a Medication.
- Enter the Name of the medicine in the text box → Click on the Next button.
- Select the Form of the medicine → Tap on the Next button.
- In the text box, Enter the strength of the medicine.
- The strength of the medication can also be selected in mg, mcg, or g. After you’ve completed the form, Tap Next.
Note: If you Know the Strength of medicine otherwise Skip this Step.
- Select Interval from the Frequency drop-down menu.
- Set the dose quantity and Start Date on the same page.
- Now you can set the time for this dose. Click on Next.
- Choose the medicine’s shape and color, then tap Next or Skip.
- Add a nickname for the medicine, and if you have any notes, add them now.
Being able to set medication reminders is extremely useful, especially for older adults. It’s important to set medication reminders for your parents and make sure they don’t miss their medication.