Apple released iOS 16.1 Beta 5 for developers with build number 20B5072b, and modem firmware 1.13.02. and the Size of this Beta 5 is 594.7 MB for iPhone 14 Pro Max this Size is very depending on which device you have. Typically the developer beta rolls out first and is soon followed by the same build as a public beta. We’re just two updates away from a stable build.
Along with this Apple also released iPadOS 16.1 Beta 6, macOS Ventura Beta 11, tvOS 16.1 Beta 5, and HomePod OS 16.1 Beta 5. This time they said WatchOS 9.1 Beta 5 is released soon.
How to Download iOS 16.1 Beta 5 Update
Go to Settings and tap on General. Click on “Software Update”, Now you can show the newly released iOS version. Tap on the Download option and install it. Download iOS 16.1 beta 5.
What’s new in iOS 16.1 developer beta 5?
- New: A More Subdued outline around the Dynamic island.
- New: In Dynamic Island, the outline changes color depending on which app you’re using.
- New: Categorized icons in Shortcuts App and changes their code.
- Fix: Triggered New Crash Detection in iPhone 14 on a roller coaster.
- Fix: Severe battery drain and Network Connectivity.
- Fix: Random resprings in charging.
- Fix: Carplay Issues related to mic sensitivity.
Bugs in iOS 16.1 beta 5
- Haptic feedback is not working properly, it is working very faintly.
- RC Build, Matter Support, or Live Activities On the TV (Sports Scores) is Not working.
- A little bit of lag in Swipe down on the control center with my home Kit Device.
- Some users have the Screen flickering bug.
iOS 16.1 developer beta 5 Geekbench score
The Geekbench score for single-core is 1892 and the score for Multi-core is 4840. This time single-core score is slightly increased and this is the highest score yet but the Multi-core score was really low compared to the previous version. In iOS 16.1 beta 4 the single-core is 1888 and the multi-core is 5415 on iPhone 14 Pro.
Should You Install iOS 16.1 beta 5?
Yes, definitely install the beta 5 version if you are using iOS 16.1 beta 4. because most of the previous bugs are Fixed with this version and it gives you fresh filling.
iOS 16.1 Beta 4 Supported Devices
This update can be installed on iPhone 8 or later devices. These updates are not supported on the iPhone SE (2016), iPhone 6S, iPhone 6S Plus, iPhone 7, or iPhone 7 Plus and earlier.
- iPhone 14
- iPhone 14 Plus
- iPhone 14 Pro
- iPhone 14 Pro Max
- iPhone 13
- iPhone 13 mini
- iPhone 13 Pro
- iPhone 13 Pro Max
- iPhone 12
- iPhone 12 mini
- iPhone 12 Pro
- iPhone 12 Pro Max
- iPhone 11
- iPhone 11 Pro
- iPhone 11 Pro Max
- iPhone XS
- iPhone XS Max
- iPhone XR
- iPhone X
- iPhone 8
- iPhone 8 Plus
- iPhone SE (2nd generation)
- iPhone SE (3rd generation)
Old iOS 16.1 Beta Updates
According to me, this Update is not so big Change but this update gives you some new features and Fixes most of the Previous bugs. The overall performance of single core is highest but the performance in multicore is slightly low. In this update, Apple is Fixing its main Bug Crash Detection On iPhone 14-Series.