Apple released iOS 16 beta 5 to its developers, and they slowly rolling it out to all Apple devices. In this update, Apple has added some new features and some exciting things. They have added the battery percentage on the status bar and a “copy and delete” option for screenshots. Check iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Plus, iPhone 14 Pro, and Pro Max Wallpaper 4K Download
The iOS 16 update was announced a month ago. Just a few days ago, Apple released iOS 16 beta 4, a version that includes the ability to edit and un-send text in Messages, un-send emails in Mail, and new wallpapers for CarPlay and Home. How to Record a phone call on iPhone in 2022
The build number of iOS 16.0 is 20A5339d or Modem Firmware is 2.09.01 and the size of the new iOS 16 Beta 5 is 1.34 GB. With iOS 16 Beta 5 for iPhone, Apple also released iPadoS 16 Beta 5, WatchOS 9 Beta 5, tvOS 16 Beta 5, HomePodOS 16 Beta 5 and macOS 13 Ventura Beta 5. All the developers are able to download iOS 16 Beta 5 on their iPhones now.
iOS 16 Beta 5 Features
- The battery percentage is back in the status bar
- New Music widgets on the lock screen
- New Find My device Alert sound
- icon change in “Control Nearby Devices” under settings
- New Copy and delete option in Screenshots
- Press the side button 5 times to enable Emergency Call or SOS
- New Version page after AirPods are connected
- Fixed: Slow animations when using Zoom after leaving the Magnifier app
- Fixed: Assistive touch won’t behave correctly
The battery percentage is Returning on the status bar
As reported by MacRumors, Apple has finally added the battery percentage code in iOS 16 beta 5 that users have been requesting. After removing the code, Apple was asked to restore it with an initial update. To check the battery percentage manually, go to Settings > Battery and tap the Battery percentage button.
No battery percentage will be removed this time – whether your phone is charging, in low power mode, or not charging, you can still see the battery percentage. The battery percentage on your iPhone will appear under the battery icon when the phone is not charging, and the percentage will be visible even when the phone is in a low power state.
With the introduction of the iPhone X, Apple removed battery percentages from iPhones. Apple removed it from the status bar because there wasn’t enough space to accommodate everything. Users then had to scroll down the Control Center to see how much battery was left, then added an extra step to display the percentage.
‘Copy and Delete’ screenshots
As of iOS 16 beta 5, when you take a screenshot, you will see a new Copy and Delete option. Once you take a screenshot, you can copy it to the clipboard. In the email, message, or note, the image can be pasted.
New Sound Alert in Find My app
On the Find My app, iOS 16 beta 5 offers a new sound alert for lost Apple devices.
Shows where an iPhone, iPad, MacBook, or any Apple device is located on a map using Apple’s Find My App. The app allows users to lock lost devices and send pings to help locate them if the device goes missing. Starting with iOS 16, Apple introduced a new sound alert to replace the existing sound alert, which sounds more like a ringtone. Additionally, the Find My app can now be deleted for the first time with iOS 16.
Music Widgets on Lock Screen
Finally, music player widgets are now added to the lock screen.
iOS 16 Beta 5 Supported Devices
- iPhone 8
- iPhone 8 Plus
- iPhone X
- iPhone XS
- iPhone XS Max
- iPhone 11
- iPhone 11 Pro
- iPhone 11 Pro Max
- iPhone XR
- iPhone SE 2
- iPhone 12
- iPhone 12 mini
- iPhone 12 Pro
- iPhone 12 Pro Max
- iPhone 13
- iPhone 13 mini
- iPhone 13 Pro
- iPhone 13 Pro Max
- iPhone SE 3rd Gen
iOS 16 Beta 5 Geekbench Score
For Single-core score is 1735 and the Multi-core score is 4812. So it’s slightly improved the previous version.
Should You Install iOS 16 Beta 5?
If you already have a developer build, definitely consider upgrading to iOS 16 beta 5, as it fixes a lot of issues and improves the new user experience. But we recommended if you are not familiar with the developer version please wait for a week.
How to download iOS 16 Beta 5?
If you already registered as an iOS developer, here’s how to install the iOS 16 developer beta guide:
- Navigate to developer.apple.com on your iPhone.
- Go to the Downloads section, and tap on the Install iOS 16 beta Profile button.
- One pop-up appears asking you to download a profile on your iPhone. Click accept to continue.
- Now, follow this path head to General > Profile, and tap on the iOS 16 beta profile.
- Tap Install in the top-right to install the iOS 16 beta profile.
- Agree to the developer consent form.
- Restart your iPhone after installation is done.
- After bootup, go back to the Settings app and click on General > Software Update.
- Your iOS 16 beta appears – tap to download and Install.
- Once the download is finished, you’ll see a pop-up appear asking to install the update. Tap Install to install the iOS 16 beta update.
How to enable battery Percentage in iPhone?
Open Settings >> Battery >> Enable Battery Percentage
Which iPhone supported battery percentage?
1) iPhone 12
2) iPhone 12 Pro
3) iPhone 12 Pro Max
4) iPhone 13
5) iPhone 13 Pro
5) iPhone 13 Pro Max
iOS 16 Beta 6 released Date?
The new iOS 16 Beta 6 was released Mid September with the latest iPhone 14 Apple Event.
Credit: Brandon Butch