When you accidentally delete a post on Instagram, it can be annoying. But, did you know you can get these posts back? Instagram has a special feature called “Recently Deleted” that keeps your deleted content for a while. This article will show you how to get back your deleted Instagram posts.
Instagram lets you share and edit photos and videos and also lets you bring back things you deleted by mistake. With the “Recently Deleted” feature, you can get back photos, videos, reels, and stories up to 30 days after you deleted them.
How to Get Back Deleted Posts on Instagram
- Open Instagram and tap your profile icon at the bottom right.
- Tap the “Hamburger icon” (three lines) at the top right.
- Choose “Your Activity” from the menu.
- Go to “Recently Deleted” in the Removed and Archived Content section.
Note: You can only bring back or permanently delete posts that were deleted in the last 30 days, or stories deleted in the last 24 hours.
How to Recover Deleted Posts
In the folder, do the following to get your posts back:
- Click on the thumbnail of the deleted post, story, reel, or video.
- Tap the “Three Dots” button.
- Tap “Restore” in the menu.
- Confirm by tapping “Restore” again.
- You may need to verify your identity.
- To delete forever: Tap “Delete” in the menu and confirm your choice.
Instagram’s Recently Deleted feature is great for protecting against accidental or early deletion. It gives you time to bring back content you removed from your profile or archive. It also stops others from deleting your content if your account is hacked.
Just follow these easy steps to restore or permanently remove content with this feature on your iPhone or Android.