If your Xiaomi device is getting the “This Device is locked” error after resetting the phone, then this error is associated with the existing Mi account of the device. For security reasons, you need to enter a password to verify the device. Then, see this complete post and solve your problem and remove your Mi account problem completely.
Mi unlocked process becomes very difficult for new users. For those who don’t know how to hard reset their phone and use recovery mode. I cover some official methods to fix this problem. Locking the device after resetting your phone is a very secure feature provided by Xiaomi to protect your device from theft and any misuse.
Open this locked problem after entering your old password in your Mi account but if you don’t remember it is a very headache problem. So follow this setup to unlock your device.
How to Fix the “This Device is locked” Error on Xiaomi Phone
In this post, I will tell you 5 different methods that will help you fix this error on your device.
- Forgot your Mi Account password
- Request Xiaomi customer support
- Unlock by Hard Reset
- Using Mi Account Remove Tool
- Contact the Mi service center
Method 1: By Forgot your Mi Account password
When you lock a lost Xiaomi phone, the message “This device is locked” appears on your device screen. For this, your first and most important step is to enter your Mi account password, But if you forgot this password then follow the below steps,
- Visit the Xiaomi account website on your other phone or computer
- Select the Forgot Password option at the bottom of the sign-in page
- Here enter any one of the credentials (registered contact number/email id/me id) you remember.
- Click on the Next button. If your ID is correct then a message named “Account Verified” will show on the screen
- Select any verification method (phone number or email address) and tap Send
- Here you will receive a “Verification Code” on the ID entered by you which you enter in the given box and press the submit button
- Now, you enter your new password and click on “Submit”
Method 2: Request Xiaomi Customer Support
If you don’t know any of your credentials, first you follow the 2 steps of method 1 and then follow these steps below,
- Now, on the Account authentication page click on send button if you have access to your email id, otherwise tap on Use another verification method
- They give you different options for authentication if you have access to any ID in this pack then click on send else tap on Use other verification methods
- Finally, you can see the Reset Recovery Information page Click Get Started and follow the on-screen instructions
- Now, You can request the Xiaomi Customer Support team for Support
Method 3: Unlocked by Hard Reset
After following the above steps, if the “This device is locked” error is not resolved on your device, you can use this option.
- First, switch off your device and press the volume down and power menu button simultaneously while turning it on
- When you get into recovery mode, here you can see three menus (reboot, wipe data, and connect to Mi Assistant)
- Navigate to the Wipe Data option by pressing the Volume Down button and pressing the Power button to enter this option
- Now again press the power button to wipe all data. (Remember that all your data will be erased when you click this option, so backup all your data first)
- Press the Volume Down button again to confirm wiping all data on your phone
- Wait until all data is wiped here. (Note: Put your phone in charging before doing this process, if your phone turns off during this process it may brick your phone.)
- now, restart your device
Method 4: Mi Account Remove Tools
- Press the Volume Down and Power buttons simultaneously for 5 seconds while your device is on to open recovery mode
- Now connect the phone to a PC or laptop via a USB cable (For which you need to enable USB dubbing on your Xiaomi phone)
- After that download and install Mi Account Unlock Tool on your computer and then click on Information
- If these tools show failed device interface detection, you need to download the ADB driver and fast boot driver in the device
- Finally, your device will be shown in Mi Account Tools
- Then click on Bypass Mi Account and Disable Mi Account buttons respectively
- Now your device will reboot automatically and your setup will show your device
Method 5: Contact the Mi service center
Apart from the above the most direct and easy way to fix the “This Device is locked” error is to go to Mi Service Center. For this, you need to go to your nearest Mi service center with the original bill of your device, phone, and your identity proof. Ask them to solve this Mi Unlock problem. They will solve your problem in just two moments. But remember one thing if your phone is out of warranty then you have to pay a small amount for this process.
I hope this post will be useful for you to resolve this device is locked error on your device. By that, your device will be ready to use and after doing all these steps and methods your problem will be solved and fixed.