Redmi 7A has started to receive the MIUI 12.5 update from Xiaomi, bringing some brand-new features, changes, and fixes. It is currently available for Global users, but more regions may get it within the next few days.
This new update for Redmi 7A came on December 27, 2021, with build version V220.127.116.11.QCMMIXM is based on Android 10. The update size of this firmware is around 2.8 GB, so we advise you to download it using Wi-Fi or without any restriction. Read more MIUI 13 Update Tracker For Xiaomi, Redmi and POCO Phones.
A number of system sounds are added that represent animals from all over the world, a new notification sound system created with a natural mix can be a much more exciting alternative, and a new animation framework renders movement more realistically. Incognito mode is also redesigned.
You might already have received a notification of the latest update if you are a Redmi 7A Global user. You can check for the latest update by navigating to Settings>Software Update and clicking on Download and install. At your own risk, you may also try to manually flash the file via the link below.
Redmi 7A MIUI 12.5 Updates Download
- Device Name: Redmi 7A
- Device Code: pine
- Region: Global
- MIUI Version: V18.104.22.168.QCMMIXM
- Android Version: 10
- Released Date: 27th December 2021
- Download Files: Recovery Link | OTA Link
Redmi 7A MIUI 12.5 Update Changelog
- New: Response to gestures is now instant.
- New: With 20 times more rendering power, there are now few limits to what you can see on your screen.
- New: With custom device model adjustments, any phone becomes faster after the upgrade.
- Optimization: MIUI became lighter, faster, and more durable.
- (System sounds)
- New: Nature mix is a new exciting way of creating your own notification sound system.
- New: Hundreds of system sounds that represent animals from all around the world.
- (System animations)
- New: A new animation framework renders movement more realistically.
- New: New UI design is focused on visualization and making your interaction with the device more lifelike.
- New: Press and hold a sketch to adjust the strokes automatically.
- New: A gesture shortcut now allows you to create notes, tasks, and excerpts anywhere.
- New: Excerpts save text, URLs, and images to Notes in a few simple taps.
- New: Dynamic layouts bring the typography in Notes to a new level.
- New: Compose mind maps with complex structures.
- New: New tools for doodling and sketching.
- All-new Notes
- (Privacy protection)
- New: A comprehensive overview of all sensitive permissions.
- New: You’ll be notified whenever high-risk permissions are used and will be able to block the corresponding actions.
- New: Now you can see what apps access your clipboard and control access.
- New: Using approximate location adds up points to privacy protection.
- New: You can now manage sensitive permissions and related app behavior independently.
- New: The behavior of web pages is also tracked now, which helps you to block unwanted and malicious actions.
- New: Now it’s up to you who and when can track your online behavior.
New: All apps now come with a security statement from GetApps.
- New: Privacy risk scanner.
- New: Control which apps access and delete items from your Gallery.
- Optimization: An all-new privacy protection page.
- New: Font weight adjustment options for third-party fonts.
- Optimization: Personalization features for system wallpapers, animations, and sounds.
- New: Wallpaper customization in the lite mode.
- Optimization: Redesigned Incognito mode.
- Optimization: Pages load much faster now.
[10 January 2022]
Once again Xiaomi is seeding the Redmi 7A MIUI 12.5 update with a version number – MIUI 22.214.171.124.QCMRUXM and weighs 506MB. It is based on Android 10.