Using Apple services like iCloud, Apple Music, or purchasing apps from the App Store often requires a payment method linked to your Apple ID. If your card gets stolen or you just want to update your payment information, you can change your Apple ID payment method on your iPhone.
In this guide, I will show you how to change your Apple ID payment method and remove the default one, ensuring your personal information, such as your address and card details, stays secure.
Updating Apple ID Payment Method on iPhone
Before changing your default payment method, especially if you have active subscriptions or family sharing, add a new card for payment. Also, clear any pending charges.
To change your Apple ID payment method on your iPhone:
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone and tap on your profile.
- Go to “Payment & Shipping.”
- If you have only one payment method, add a new one first. Then, you can remove the default one.
- Tap “Add Payment Method.”
- Enter all the details for the new method. After filling in the details, tap “Done” in the top right corner.
- To remove an old payment method, tap “Edit” in the top right corner.
- Then tap the Delete (-) button next to the old method, and confirm by tapping “Delete.”
Note: To remove an old method, select the default method > tap on “Remove Payment Method.”
Change Apple ID Payment Method Online
You can also change your payment method online. Visit appleid.apple.com or other Apple sites like music.apple.com or tv.apple.com. Here, you can view and edit your payment methods directly from your Apple device.
When you sign in at appleid.apple.com, you can choose “Continue on Device” to get a notification on your Apple device. Tap this notification to go straight to your device’s “Payment & Shipping” settings.
Update Your Payment Method…
To wrap up, updating your payment method keeps your information secure and is a simple, straightforward process. Remember to settle any pending balances or subscription fees.
If you have any questions about this topic, feel free to comment below, and I’ll be happy to help you resolve your issue.