Driving faster than the speed limit can be dangerous, and can result in expensive fines or an accident. To avoid this, it is important to know the speed limit of the road you are driving on. For this, Google Maps and Apple Maps are two popular navigation apps that can help you show speed limits.
Avoiding fines and accidents on unfamiliar roads can be a challenge, especially if you don’t know the speed limit on that road. Fortunately, navigation apps such as Google Maps and Apple Maps now display information such as speed limits and toll prices for many roads. By enabling this feature, you can ensure that you are driving within the legal speed limit or not, making your journey safe and stress-free. In this article, I will guide you on how to show speed limits on Google Maps and Apple Maps.
What is the Speed Limit on Maps?
A speed limit on a map is a feature on a digital map that displays information about the maximum legal speed limit for a given road or highway on a navigation application or website. This information can be helpful for drivers who want to drive within the legal speed limit and avoid possible fines or accidents. You can see this feature on apps like Google Maps and Apple Maps. However, it is important to note that this information may not be available or accurate for every road or location.
You can show speed limits on various maps using different methods:
How to show speed limits on Google Maps
On your Android or iOS devices, follow these steps to show speed limits on Google Maps:
- Open Google Maps on your device, and Click on your profile picture.
- Scroll down and tap on Settings.
- Click on Navigation.
- Go to the Driving options section, and Toggle on the “Speed limits” option.
- The speed limit for the road you are on will now be displayed on the bottom left corner of the screen during navigation.
Note: If the speed limit information for the road is not available, the speedometer icon will be greyed out.
How to show speed limits on Apple Maps
On your iOS device, follow these steps to show Speed Limits on Apple Maps:
- On your iOS device, open Settings and Click on Maps.
- Scroll down to the Directions section, and tap on the Driving option.
- Toggle on the Speed Limit option under the Show in Navigation section.
- The speed limit for the road you are on will now be displayed during navigation in the bottom left corner of the screen.
Note: If the road speed limit information is not available, then the speed limit will not be displayed.
Does Google Maps show speed zones in different countries of the world or not?
No, Google Maps does not show speed limits in all countries of the world. Availability of the speed limit feature varies by region.
Currently, Google Maps displays speed limit information for select countries, including the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Australia, some Asian countries, Europe, and many others. However, there are still many countries where the speed limit feature is not available.
Why can’t I see the speed limit option in my Google Maps?
There could be several reasons why you may not see the speed limit option in your Google Maps. Here are some possible reasons:
1. Your Google Maps app may be out of date
2. The speed limit feature may not be available in your region
3. You must have turned off the speed limit feature
What is a speed limit display?
A speed limit display is a feature that shows the maximum legal speed limit set by the government for a road or highway. This feature is usually available on navigation apps and GPS devices, such as Google Maps, Apple Maps, and other similar services.
What is the statutory speed limit in the USA?
1. 25 mph in residential or school districts
2. 55 mph on rural highways
3. 70 mph on rural Interstate highways
How much cost of a USA speed ticket?
The cost of a speeding ticket in the United States varies by state and the severity of the offense. The average fine for a speeding ticket is about $150, but fines can range from $50 to $2,500, depending on the speed limit and how fast the driver was traveling.