In today’s digital age, having numerous accounts and passwords is a common thing. It is understandable if you sometimes forget your password, but there is no need to worry. If you have an iPhone and it’s running on a version of ios 16 or above, you can easily save passwords on iPhone with a few clicks. In this article, I will guide you on how to view saved Passwords on iPhone.
If you don’t want to enter passwords manually each time, save them and use them each time. I’ll show in this post how to save, view and synchronize your password, and how to use it with other Apple products. You can also be Saved WiFi Passwords on your iPhone.
What are Saved Passwords on iPhone?
Saved passwords on iPhone are sign-in passwords saved for apps, websites, or services. Your iPhone stores these passwords in itself so you don’t have to enter them every time you log in.
You can use the Apple Autofill feature to save passwords. This feature prompts you to save your password whenever you log in to the site and this feature also auto-fills the password for you. So read the steps below for this and follow them.
How to Save Passwords on iPhone
Here are a few methods for saving your different passwords on your iPhone:
Method 1: Turn on Autofill Passwords
To enable or disable Autofill Passwords on your iPhone, follow these steps:
- Open “Settings” on your iPhone and scroll down to click “Passwords”.
- You will be asked to authenticate yourself with either Face ID, Touch ID, or your passcode to access your saved passwords page.
- Select the “Password Options” option.
- Toggle the “Autofill Passwords” switch on or off to enable or disable the feature.
- If you choose to enable Autofill Passwords, you can choose to save your passwords to either Keychain or Chrome by selecting the appropriate option.
By following these simple steps, you can easily enable or disable Autofill Passwords on your iPhone and choose where to save your passwords for future use.
Method 2: Sync Passwords with Keychain
- To sync your passwords with Keychain, Go to Settings > Passwords > Password Options.
- Here go to the “Allow filling from” section and select the “iCloud Passwords & Keychain” option to save all your passwords in Keychain.
How to View Saved Passwords on iPhone
To View saved passwords on your iPhone, follow these steps:
- Go to “Settings” on your iPhone.
- Scroll down and click on “Passwords”.
- Authenticate with Face ID, Touch ID, or your device passcode.
- You can now see all your saved passwords.
How to Delete Saved Passwords on iPhone
To Delete Saved Passwords on iPhone, follow these steps:
- Follow the steps mentioned above to view the saved passwords.
- Click on the saved password you want to delete.
- Click on “Delete Password” to delete the password.
- Tap “Delete Password” again to confirm and complete the deletion process.
How to Manually add Password on iPhone
To manually add any password to your iPhone, follow the steps below:
- Follow the above view saved passwords steps.
- On the Password page, click on the plus (+) button located at the top right corner.
- Enter the website, username, and password details.
- After adding all the necessary details, click on “Done” to save the password.
By following these simple steps, you can easily save passwords on your iPhone and be free from the worry of forgetting them again.
With the help of the Keychain feature, you can save any type of Password. you can access your keychain Id on your iPhones/iPads or Macbooks and see your different passwords. you can save apps, accounts, and website login passwords, and also save Wifi passwords in Keychain.
Tips for Managing Saved Passwords on iPhone
Now that you know how to view, delete, and manage passwords saved on your iPhone, it’s also important. Here are some tips to keep your passwords safe:
- Use a strong, unique password for each account.
- Avoid using personal information like your name or date of birth in your password.
- Change your passwords regularly.
- Use two-factor authentication whenever possible.
- Never share your password with anyone.
If you use iPhone and you are afraid of forgetting your password, don’t worry. Through this post, you can easily view saved passwords through the Settings app, and iCloud Keychain. Also, you can manage and secure your passwords well with the above tips.
Which is the best and safest password manager?
There are several good options for safe and reliable password managers, including 1Password, LastPass, and Dashlane.
Does Apple have a password manager?
Yes, Apple has a built-in password manager called iCloud Keychain, which allows you to securely store and autofill your username and passwords on your Apple devices.