If you use more than one Apple Watch with the same Apple ID, they all show up with the same name on your paired iPhone. For example, my Apple Watch is named “Bhavik’s Apple Watch.” So, it’s important to give each Apple Watch a unique name.
In this post, I’ll show you how to change Apple Watch name using your iPhone. But first, let’s see what happens when you change your Apple Watch’s name.
What Happens When You Change Apple Watch Name?
When you rename your Apple Watch, the following changes will occur:
- The new name appears in the Watch app on your iPhone.
- You’ll see the new name in your iPhone’s Bluetooth settings when your Apple Watch is connected.
- Siri will recognize and use your Apple Watch’s new name during voice commands and interactions.
- The name change links to your Apple ID, showing your Apple Watch under the new name in your device list.
- The Find My app will display your Apple Watch with its new name.
Change Apple Watch Name using iPhone
When you first pair your Apple Watch, it automatically takes the name of your iPhone. However, you can’t change this name directly on the Apple Watch itself; you’ll need to use your paired iPhone. Here’s what you need to do:
- Open the Watch App on your iPhone.
- Tap the “My Watch” tab located at the bottom left of the screen.
- Scroll down and select “General.”
- Then, tap on “About.”
- Tap on the Watch’s Name.
- Enter the new name you wish to use and tap “Done.” The new name will sync with your Apple ID right away.
Note: You can’t change the watch name directly from the Apple Watch.
Now your Apple Watch has a new name, which will also update across your other Apple devices. Don’t worry, you can change the name of your Apple Watch anytime.
Set Your Name…
To Wrap up, I hope this guide helps you easily rename your Apple Watch, especially when managing multiple watches under the same Apple ID. It’s a handy way to quickly identify each device. If you find this guide useful, feel free to drop a comment below.