If you are an MIUI 13 or 14 user, you might have noticed that after the latest MIUI update, you might have some trouble finding and enable developer options. But don’t worry, it’s still possible! Enabling developer options on your Xiaomi phone allows you to access some really cool and advanced features.
Generally, these features are used by IT technical engineers. This feature is mainly used for debugging and fixing bugs. With this app, you can unlock USB debugging, OEM blocking, and much more. So don’t despair if you’re having trouble finding developer options, just follow the steps below and you’ll be able to Enable the Developer option and unlock all these cool features.
What are Developer Options?
Developer options are a set of advanced features on Android devices designed for use by developers. Enable Developer options to provide access to various settings and tools that can be used for debugging, testing, and customizing the device.
Developer Options features
Some of the features of developer options are as follows,
- USB Debugging: This option allows you to connect your device to the computer for debugging and development purposes.
- Enable OEM Unlocking: If you want to install a custom ROM or root your phone. So this option allows unlocking the bootloader of the device.
- Install via USB: This option enables you to install applications on the device via a computer using a USB connection.
- Show Pointer Location: Displays the touch coordinates on the device screen.
- Force GPU rendering: It forces the device to use the GPU during the rendering process, which can be useful for testing graphics performance and playing large games.
- Running Services: Shows all apps currently running on the device, and allows you to turn off services you don’t need.
It is important to note that these options are intended for use by developers and advanced users, and enabling them may affect the performance and stability of your device. So information about this option must be obtained before enabling it.
How to Enable Developer Options on Xiaomi
- Go to the “Settings” app on your Xiaomi phone
- Click on “About Phone”
- Find “MIUI Version” and tap on it repeatedly until it says “You are now a developer”
- Go back to the main settings menu, scroll down and click on “Additional settings”
- Tap on “Developer options” and Enable Developer options. Now, you will be able to access its advanced features
- Now, you can enable and use USB Debugging, Install via USB, or any other option
Also, remember one thing, turn off “Developer Options” when not in use, as it may affect your phone’s performance.