USB debugging is a feature that allows a developer to connect their Android device to a computer and run applications. Enable USB debugging is give permission to install and use the Android SDK (Software Development Kit) software on your device. In Xiaomi phones, enabling USB debugging is a very simple process.
The Android SDK is an Android software used to run and test applications on your phone. Apart from this, you can root your device, for which you can use Magisk Manager Apk. Follow the steps below to enable USB Debugging on your Xiaomi phone,
What is USB Debugging
USB Debugging is a feature on an Android device that allows a developer to connect the device to a computer, run and debug applications on the device, transfer files, take screenshots and record the device’s screen, and use ADB (Android Debug Bridge). When USB debugging is enabled, the device can be controlled and accessed by a computer.
Use of USB Debugging
- Run and debug Android apps: You can use USB debugging to connect your Android device to a computer, run apps on the device, and debug or fix any problems you encounter.
- File transfer: You can transfer files from Android to the computer through USB debugging. Which uses an Android file transfer application.
- Flashing Firmware: Enable USB debugging allows you to flash firmware, custom ROMs, and other system images to your device.
- Troubleshooting: USB debugging can be used to troubleshoot device problems, such as application crashes or system errors.
- Data recovery: If you have forgotten your device lock screen password, device data can be recovered.
- Device Shell Access: Through this, you can run commands and modify device settings.
- Automated testing: USB debugging can be used to automate tests on devices.
- Screenshot and screen recording
How to Enable USB Debugging on Xiaomi Phone
Step 1: Enable Developer Options
To enable developer options on your Xiaomi phone, first go to the “Settings” app and then click on “About Phone”. In the about phone menu, find “MIUI version” and tap on it repeatedly until it says “You are now a developer”.
Step 2: Access developer options
Once Developer Options is enabled, go back to the main Settings menu, scroll down and click on “Additional Settings”. Tap on “Developer options” and turn on the toggle. Now, you can access its advanced features.
Step 3: Enable USB Debugging
In the Developer Options menu, scroll down and find the “Debugging” section. Now turn on “USB Debugging” Toggle. A pop-up message will appear asking if you want to allow USB debugging for the computer. So read all its terms & condition and accept it. Now click on the “OK” button below
And that’s it, you have successfully enabled USB debugging on your Xiaomi phone.
It’s important to note that USB debugging should only be enabled when you need it, as it could potentially allow unauthorized access to your device. As a result the chances of hacking your phone or leaking your private data increases. When you’re done debugging, make sure to turn off the USB Debugging option in the Developer Options menu.