Apple Watch backups are crucial for safeguarding your data in case of loss or damage, but they can also fill up your iPhone with outdated files. If you’re dealing with iPhone storage issues, then deleting these Apple Watch backups becomes essential.
In this guide, I’ll show you exactly where to find your old Apple Watch backups and how to easily delete them from your iPhone in just a few steps!
Note: Remember, each time you reset your Apple Watch, it creates a new backup.
Why Clear Apple Watch Backup?
Regularly deleting backups is good because:
- It clears up space on your iPhone and iCloud, great for those with limited storage.
- It keeps your device running smoothly by getting rid of old backups.
- It helps keep your data safe by lessening the chance of others accessing your backups.
Remove old Apple Watch Backups from iPhone
If you need to free up some space on your iPhone by clearing out old Apple Watch backups, follow these simple steps to get it done.
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Head to “General” and then “iPhone Storage“.
- Scroll down to find and select “Watch“.
- Here, all your Watch backups are listed.
- To delete a backup, swipe left on it and press Delete.
- If you want to delete all backups at once, choose “Remove All Backups” and then tap Remove Now.
That’s it! For an Apple Watch with Family Setup, you can’t delete backups from your iPhone. Just Turn off iCloud backups on the Watch instead. To do this:
- Go to Settings on the Watch > Tap your Apple ID > iCloud > Turn off iCloud Backups.
Note: When you delete a backup, all its data is removed forever.
Delete for a smoother experience…
To Wrap up, regularly deleting old Apple Watch backups is a smart move. It saves storage space, keeps your devices running smoothly, enhances security, and makes future backups quicker. Remember, it’s a simple but important step in managing your devices efficiently.
Where are the Apple Watch backups stored on my iPhone?
Your Apple Watch backs up along with your iPhone when you sync it with iCloud.
How can I check if my Apple Watch is backed up?
Your Apple Watch backs up to your iPhone automatically when they’re close together. No extra steps are needed.