Are you an iPhone user who’s accidentally deleted important text messages or iMessages? Don’t worry! With the new iOS 17 update and specialized software tools, you can recover permanently deleted text messages on your iPhone, even without a backup. Let’s explore the different methods available for different scenarios.
Can You Get Back Permanently Deleted Messages on iPhone?
Yes, in certain scenarios, it’s possible to recover deleted messages. The ease of recovery depends on how long ago the messages were deleted. Messages deleted within the last 30 days are easier to recover, while older deletions require more effort. One effective tool for this purpose is iToolab RecoverGo iOS.
Method 1: Retrieve Deleted Text Messages iPhone without Backup
If your messages were deleted more than 30 days ago, your best option is to use a trusted third-party software like iToolab RecoverGo iOS. This software enables you to recover data from your iPhone or iPad without backup. It can also extract data from iTunes backups and restore it to your computer. You can recover messages, photos, videos, contacts, voicemails, call history, voice memos, calendars, and more. It’s fully compatible with the latest iPhone models and the new iOS 17 update.
- Download and install iToolab RecoverGo iOS on your PC or macOS.
- Launch the app and select “Recover Data from iOS Device.”
- Connect your iPhone to the computer using a USB cable.
- Choose “Messages” and deselect other options to speed up the process, and tap on the “Start Scan” button.
- Click “OK” to proceed and wait for the messages to load.
- Once loaded, click “Recover” to restore your messages.
Method 2. Get Back Erased Messages on iPhone from iTunes Backup
If you’ve backed up your iPhone to iTunes or macOS Catalina (or later) before deleting your messages, this method can help. However, if you backed up after deleting the messages, it might overwrite the previous backup, making recovery impossible.
- Connect your iPhone to a PC.
- Select your device in iTunes and choose “Restore Backup.”
- Restore the most recent backup.
If the first method doesn’t help you find your erased messages, or if you wish to export your data from an iTunes backup, then this method can assist in retrieving erased messages on your iPhone using iTunes backup.
- Once you’ve successfully installed iToolab RecoverGo iOS, select the feature “Recover Data from iTunes Backup.”
- All your iTunes backups will be displayed, complete with the device model and backup time. Choose the relevant backup file and enter your iTunes password.
- Next, select the “Messages” option and deselect other data types to speed up the process. Then, click on the “Recover” button and wait for the process to complete.
- Your previously erased messages will now be displayed on your screen. Simply select the messages you wish to recover and tap on “Recover.”
Method 3. Check Deleted Messages iPhone from iCloud Backup
Your iPhone automatically backs up your data to iCloud, and it’s possible that your recently deleted data, including messages, are stored there. Recovering data from an iCloud backup is easy and quick.
- Select the “Recover Data from iCloud Backup” option in the RecoverGo iOS software.
- Enter your Apple ID credentials and sign in.
- Input the two-factor authentication code displayed on your iPhone screen and tap “Verify.”
- Choose the specific data you wish to download.
- Finally, select the files you need and tap the “Recover” button located at the bottom right corner.
Losing important messages can be distressing, but with these methods, there’s a good chance of recovery. While no tool guarantees 100% accuracy, iToolab RecoverGo iOS offers the best solution. The software is affordable, with prices starting at $21.57 for one month, $23.97 for a year, and $29.97 for a lifetime subscription. It supports up to 5 devices and one PC. Use the promo code “IOS40OFF” to get up to 50% off this season.