With the iOS 17 update, the iPhone is brimming with exciting features. One small but mighty feature that stands out is the Quick Crop tool in the iPhone Photos app. You don’t have to mess with complicated editing tools anymore. Now, cropping a photo is as easy as zooming in on it. In this article, we’re going to dive into this hidden gem and show you how to take full advantage of it.
Whether you want to change the aspect ratio of an image or just trim some unwanted background, Quick Crop will do the job for you. This feature is simple to use, making your photo-editing tasks easier.
What is Quick Crop in the Photos App in iOS 17?
As the name implies, Quick Crop, also called the Zoom and One-Tap Crop feature, is a new feature in the Photos app of iOS 17. It’s designed to simplify the process of cropping images on your iPhone and iPad. Rather than navigating through the Edit UI and manually selecting the crop size, all you need to do is zoom into the desired part of the image, and you’re done.
Why do you use the One-Tap Crop feature?
Here are some key benefits of using the Quick Crop feature:
- You can easily change the length-to-width ratio (Aspect ratio) of your images.
- Quickly eliminate anything unnecessary from your photos.
- Highlighting Specific Parts of an Image for the viewer’s attention.
Use Quick Crop on iPhone Photos App on iPhone and iPad
- Navigate to the Photos app. Find or choose the photo you’d like to crop.
- Use a two-finger expand gesture or pinch-to-zoom gesture to adjust the size of your image.
- You’ll find the “Crop button” in the top right corner. Long press on it if you want to change the aspect ratio, then tap “Crop” again.
- If you like how it is, tap “Done“. If not, you can continue editing.
How to Choose the Aspect Ratio with the One-Tap Crop Feature
If you want to pick a specific shape for your cropped photo, here’s how you can do it:
- First, zoom in on the picture you want to crop. Then Tap and hold the Crop button. A menu will pop up.
- The menu will show you different shapes (or “aspect ratios”) that you can pick from. You might see a little message telling you about this, too. From the menu, tap the “shape” you want.
- You’ll see your picture cut into the shape you picked. If you choose “Square,” it’ll be a perfect square.
- Tap the “Done” button to keep the cropped picture.
Supported Aspect ratio
There are mainly 4 aspect ratios supported, and you can also switch between them:
- Full Screen
- Widescreen (16:9)
Adjust Your Photo…
And that’s all there is to it! Now you can make your photos look exactly the way you want with just a few taps. It’s a great way to make pictures fit perfectly on your screen or get rid of parts you don’t want. So, the next time you snap a picture, remember that a perfect crop is just a zoom away.