Hey, Apple enthusiast! Are you aware of how to save voice messages to voice memos on your iPhone? In today’s post, I’m going to demonstrate how you can keep your voice messages in voice memos using the latest iOS 17 update. This new feature is incredibly convenient for permanently storing audio messages on your device. Let’s dive into the post and explore how it works.
What is Save to Voice Memos in iOS 17?
“Save to Voice Memos” in iOS 17 is a fresh feature in the iPhone’s Messages app. With this function, you can save voice messages that you send to others, directly in your iPhone’s Voice Memos. If you need to keep significant voice messages for future reference, this feature will be valuable.
Before we get into the steps, you’ll have to tweak some settings in your iPhone’s Messages app. These adjustments will enable you to keep your voice recordings indefinitely. By default, your iPhone deletes voice messages after 2 minutes, so follow these steps first to remove that expiration limit:
- Open the iPhone Settings app and navigate to the Messages settings.
- Scroll down to the bottom and tap on “Expire” under the Audio Messages section.
- Change the default “After 2 Minutes” option to “Never.”
That’s it! Now your messages will be stored permanently in your library. Prior to iOS 17, you could only choose between 2 minutes or 1 year, but with iOS 17, they can be saved indefinitely.
How to Save Voice Messages to Voice Memos on iPhone
- Open the Messages app and select your conversation.
- Tap on the “+” icon to open the App drawer.
- Select “Audio” to send a voice message to someone.
- Record your voice message, and click on the stop icon to end the recording.
- Once your recording is complete, tap the small blue arrow to send the voice message.
- Afterward, tap and hold your voice message and click on the “Save to Voice Memos” option to save your voice messages into Voice Memos.
How to View Saved Voice Memos on iPhone?
Wondering where your saved voice message is? To check, follow these steps:
- Open the iPhone Voice Memos app.
- Look for your recently downloaded voice message.
Can You Save Voice Messages Sent by Others?
Currently, in the iOS 17 update, there’s no option to save voice messages from others directly to Voice Memos. However, you can use alternative methods like activating screen recording from the iPhone’s control center and playing the voice message you want to save. Then, you can extract the audio from the video using various online tools.
So, with these methods, you can directly save your voice messages to Voice Memos using the iOS 17 update. Previously, you could only save voice messages to your iPhone’s files, but now you can share them with others and keep them permanently in your default Voice Memos app.