Recently, I set up screen time limits for my kids. After an hour of use, the device locks and needs a passcode to reopen. My kids tried to guess the passcode a few times, but now the device is locked. The main issue is that I forgot my screen time passcode, and I can see no option for forgot the screen time passcode on the screen. Thankfully, someone suggested some smart and effective ways to unlock my device. If you are facing a similar issue, these methods can help you unlock your device.
Why Is There No Option for Forgot Screen Time Passcode?
Usually, there’s always a “Forgot Passcode” option if you forget the screen time passcode. But, in my case, I didn’t see it on my screen when this happened. After searching online, I found some typical scenarios that can cause the Forgot Screen Time Passcode option to be missing when trying to get rid of it.
- If your device is still on iOS 13.4 or iPadOS 13.4, you won’t see the “Forgot Passcode” option. You may need to update to the latest version to have it available next time.
- If you have family sharing enabled, it might happen, and you may need to change the screen time passcode from your child’s account management screen.
Best 4 Ways to Fix No Option for Forgot Screen Time Passcode
Here are the four best methods I tried to reset the screen time passcode. These methods are great “how to reset screen time passcode.”
1. Change Screen Time Passcode via Mac
This method allows you to change the screen time passcode using a Mac. If you don’t have a Mac, you can skip to the 2nd method. For those who can access a Mac, follow these steps:
- Update your Mac device to macOS Catalina 10.15.4 at least or a newer version.
- Open the System Settings app and click on System Preferences.
- Look for the Screen Time option and click on “Change Passcode.”
- On your Mac, you’ll easily find the “forgot passcode” settings, click on it and enter your Apple ID credentials.
- Now, you can change the screen time passcode without any trouble.
2. Use Tenorshare 4uKey-Remove Screen Time Passcode Quickly and Safe
I found this the best method when scouring the internet for “what is screen time passcode” and how to remove it. It’s software tools that can quickly help you with “how to reset screen time passcode.” Following are some of the best features of Tenorshare 4uKey:
- It can remove the passcode, Face ID, or Touch ID without causing any data loss, and it does this in just a few seconds.
- It can Remove Apple ID from your device if nothing else works and set it up as a new device.
- It can bypass the MDM (Mobile Device Management) screen when you encounter the “no option for forgot screen time passcode” issue.
For the best solution to the “forgot screen time passcode” issue, follow these steps:
- Step 1: Download the latest version of the Tenorshare 4ukey app from the Tenorshare website, using the version compatible with your Windows or Mac.
- Step 2: Install and run the app, then click on “Unlock iOS Screen.”
- Step 3: Connect your device using the best or original cable. You might need to enter “Recovery” or “DFU” mode for it to work.
- Step 4: Follow the instructions shown in the app and give it some time to remove the screen lock.
- Step 5: Now, you can change the screen time passcode and choose a simpler one this time.
3. Update the iOS version to reset the Screen Time Passcode
As mentioned earlier, the best and simplest solution to resolve the “no option for forgot screen time passcode” issue is to update your iPhone to the latest iOS version. Once you do that, you will be able to see the “Forgot Code” option, allowing you to reset your screen time passcode easily.
4. Bypass Screen time Passcode via Setting
To change the screen time passcode using this method, you need to remember your Apple ID credentials and access the Settings app. By entering your Apple ID and password, you can easily change the screen time passcode without any difficulties.
Here’s how to do it:
- Open the Settings app on your device. Find and tap on “Screen Time.”
- Choose “Change Screen Time Passcode.”
- Enter your Apple ID and password when prompted.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to set a new screen time passcode.
What happens after 10 failed screen time passcode attempts?
After 10 failed screen time passcode attempts, you won’t be able to enter the passcode for at least one hour. You’ll need to wait until the timer expires before trying again.
What is the default passcode for screen time?
There is no default passcode for screen time. When setting it up, you need to create your own passcode. However, many people use simple ones like 0000 or 1234 for easy remembrance.
How to remove screen time passcode without Apple ID or passcode?
To remove the screen time passcode without Apple ID or passcode, you can use 3rd-party tools like Tenorshare 4uKey, but you’ll need to connect your device to a PC.
It is not common for us to forget our passcodes as we usually remember them very well. However, if you have an older device that has Screen Time set up, it is possible for you to forget the passcode after a long time. It’s always a good idea to write down or save all of your passcodes and passwords in a safe place. But if you haven’t done that and find yourself in this situation, searching for “how to reset screen time passcode” is the best solution.
In this article, I have shared my experience and some of the best ways to change the Screen Time passcode. The most effective one I’ve found, especially when others aren’t working, is using Tenorshare 4uKey. It’s easy, reliable, and secure, making the process much easier.