Apple announced its own journaling app in June 2023 with the iOS 17 update. With iOS 17.2, they’ve launched this journal app; currently, it is in beta and available for download from the App Store. Prioritizing privacy for iPhone users, Apple has included a “Lock Journal” feature.
The journal app allows you to schedule your daily activities, similar to a personal diary. Considering the rise in internet scams and personal data leaks, this post guides you on securing your journal with a passcode or biometric lock.
How to Lock Journal on iPhone
If you’ve set up your journal and want to lock it, follow these steps:
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Scroll down and select “Journal.”
- In the Journal settings, find and tap on “Lock Journal.”
- Enter your iPhone Passcode to access the lock journal settings.
- Activate the Lock toggle to enable it, which turns green.
- Once enabled, you’ll see an option to require a passcode.
- This option lets you choose the time frame for the journal to lock after closing the app. You can select from four options:
- After 1 minute
- After 5 minutes
- After 15 minutes
That’s it! Once the lock journal settings are enabled, you will need your iPhone passcode, Face ID, or Touch ID to access it. This feature ensures your journal stays private and secure.
If you have any questions about the journal app, feel free to leave a comment below. I am here to help and look forward to assisting you with your queries.