Managing your online life just got a whole lot easier with iOS 17’s Safari Profiles! If you’ve been enjoying the convenience of separating work, play, and everything in between with different profiles, you might wonder how to keep things clean and private. In this handy guide, we’ll walk you through how to clear the Safari history of specific profiles on your iPhone.
For example, let’s say you’re using two different profiles: one for your office work and the other for personal use. After some time, you leave your job and join another office. At that time, you’ll need to clean up your work profile. So, let’s dive into clearing your specific safari profile history.
Clear Safari History of Specific Profiles in iOS 17 and iPadOS 17
As mentioned before, you have multiple ways to clear or delete the Safari history of specific profiles on your iPhone in iOS 17. Whether it’s via the Safari browser itself or the Settings app on your iPhone, let’s explore both options.
Note: Clearing your history in Safari will not clear any saved login information or bookmarks specific to that profile, so your personal settings remain intact.
Clear Safari Profile History Via Safari App
The Safari app on your iPhone offers an easy way to clear your browsing profile history. This method gives you the advantage of being able to delete specific web pages from your history list within a particular Safari profile.
- Launch Safari App on your iPhone and tap the “Bookmarks button” on the bottom navigation bar.
- In the pop-up that appears, tap the “History tab” (symbolized by a clock glyph) on the navigation bar.
- In the History tab, tap the “Clear” button in the bottom-right corner of the screen.
- Select All History for the Clear Timeframe setting. Then, instead of choosing the All Profiles option, tap the specific Safari profile you want to clear.
- If desired, enable the toggle for the “Close All Tabs” option to close all tabs opened in the chosen Safari profile.
- Tap the “Clear History” button to clear the Safari history for your selected profile.
Clear Safari Profile History Via Settings
In addition to using the Safari app, you can also clear Safari’s history through the Settings app on your iPhone. Here’s how to do that in iOS 17:
- First off, Open the Settings app on your iPhone and tap the “Safari” option in the list.
- Scroll down to locate “Clear History and Website Data“, then tap it.
- A new UI will open for clearing Safari’s history. From here, you can refer to the above guides specific to your profile needs, and clear the history as desired.
By following these procedures, you can efficiently manage the privacy of your Safari profiles on your iPhone, tailoring the process to your specific needs. Whether through the Safari app or the Settings app, iOS 17 offers flexibility and ease in maintaining your online presence.
Clear your specific web history…
That’s it! With iOS 17’s Safari Profiles, you have straightforward options to manage your browsing history through either the Safari app or the Settings app on your iPhone. It’s all about ease and control, tailored to fit your needs. Simple, efficient, and user-friendly—just another way iOS 17 enhances your digital life.