Want to customize the browsing experience on your iPhone? No matter the reason behind it. If a site isn’t loading properly or you want to keep your activity private, for this problem a quick and easy solution is to clear history in Safari browser. You can clear Safari history, cache, and cookies on iPhone running iOS 17 with our simple guide.
Have you ever stumbled upon a webpage on your iPhone that you didn’t want to, or noticed that your browser is slowing down? Clearing your Safari history may be the fix you need.
Quick overview: By clearing the history of Safari on your iPhone, you can enjoy safe and secure web browsing. To do this: Open the Safari App > tap on History > tap Clear > tap on Delete History and Data for confirmation.
Why do you need to Clear Safari History, Cache, and Cookies?
- Using an unspecified site can lead to issues with data security, privacy, and performance.
- history and cookies can store login details and preferences. If mishandled, they can put your information at risk.
- clear web history can prevent others from seeing your web activity, crucial on shared devices or public Wi-Fi.
- clean up browser data to help free up space on your iPhone, making overall usage smoother.
Clear Safari History on iPhone with iOS 17
Want to clear history in Safari on an iPhone with iOS 17? You can do it through the Safari browser or the Settings app. Keep reading to discover different ways to clean up your browsing experience. Let’s dive in!
1. Clear history via Safari browser
Clearing your browsing history in Safari on your iPhone is simple and allows for safer browsing. With the Safari app, you can even delete history for specific web pages and Specific Duration from your history list.
Many iPhone users rely on Safari for web browsing, and the app offers an easy way to clean up your history. Here’s how to do it on an iPhone with iOS 17 using the browser itself:
- Launch Safari on your iPhone. Then open the tab-view, or press the + button to open a new tab or select any of the existing ones. Then, that web page will open.
- Hit the Bookmarks button on the bottom bar.
- In the pop-up, tap on the History tab (clock symbol) on the top bar.
- From there, you can either delete specific web pages from your current profile or delete a specific history by right-to-left and clicking on “Delete“.
Clear Safari history for a specific time:
- While in the History tab, hit the Clear button in the bottom-right corner of the screen.
- Select the time frame you want to clear, like Last hour, Today, or Today and Yesterday. Otherwise, select All Time to delete all history.
Note: By clearing all your Brawer data, you lose your important bookmarks, saved pages, and password.
2. Clear history in Safari via Settings App
While this method lets you clear your entire Safari history, it won’t allow you to delete individual web pages. Here’s how to do it:
- Tap the Settings app on your iPhone. Scroll down to find the Safari option and tap on it.
- Scroll down to the bottom and tap on “Clear History and Website Data“.
- To remove all your data, click “Clear History and data” in the popup that appears and confirm.
Remember, to delete specific web pages, you’ll need to use the Safari app, as the Settings method doesn’t allow that level of customization.
That’s it! Clearing your Safari history can improve your browsing experience and free up your iPhone’s storage. From deleting specific pages through the Safari app to clearing the entire history through the Settings app. Try these methods, and you’ll make your Safari browsing on iOS 17 easier and more efficient.